Monday 24 February 2014

The battle of the Forums

Oh dear, I really haven't posted in a while have I? Or kept up to my name of 'Theme Park Girl' I'll stop the mopey teenage stuff and try and stick to the topic now.

So, onto the post. As I have said in previous posts, I am a member of a few forums based around Alton Towers, I have now gone on meets with two of them. To begin with, last July I went on a TowersStreet meet up here in t' North, as my brother was going and my parents wouldn't allow me to go on a meet until I had been on one with my brother. We went to both Flamingoland and Lightwater Valley over two days (a day at each) and ate out together on the Saturday night too, and it was brilliant, some of them I got on with so well, such as Sam, oh Sam we spent the entire time pointing out good looking males to each other, and Will who was cynical about everything and we left to go by himself on nearly every ride, Ben who was such a child at heart, Hayden who was sweet and funny and Mark who again was absolutely lovely, like just a straight down honest to god lovely guy. So, after meeting all these lovely people who I'd got on with so well, I didn't really want to only meet them this once. I resolved as I still had TowersNerd who I wanted to go on meets with to alternate the coinciding events between the two forums. So, Feb Half-term with one, opening day with the other, and then any non-coinciding meets I could just go on. The next meet was Blackpool, which I unfortunately missed as I was at an open day, but according to my brother, I was missed, especially by Sam who was allegedly pining for me :(

This was all well and good, until a couple of weeks ago when I went on my first TowersNerd meet, and it was great and I mean really really great, they were all lovely, I got on with them and laughed and joked and just generally had a good time. Some of them I didn't really talk to, but after they'd accepted my friend request and liked some things on Facebook I've put that down to being shy. The whole event was full of humour and laughter and, oh it really was just great. So great in fact that I realised I didn't want to miss a single meet with them if I could help it. Now, this left me in a dilemma, I loved this meet-up, but could I not do any meets with TowersStreet and leave Sam pining for me again? I was debating over this for a few days, uuuntil I realised that sometimes TowersStreet do both Saturday and Sunday for their meets whereas TowersNerd only did the Saturday, so maybe neither would be too offended if I did the Saturday with the Nerds and then the Sunday with TowersStreet. Of course, I may not be free every time to do both days of a weekend, but if not then I am content with just visiting with Da Nerdzzz (I have no idea where that came from, but I cannot bring myself to delete it now) :)

Over and out for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment