Tuesday 25 June 2013

Could my dream come true?...

A while ago now, I wrote about how down I was feeling about missing an opportunity with the Ginetta Juniors scholarship, well I may now have found a way to resolve this issue. I have after a lot of google-ing found another scholarship which I could possibly enter, with no upper age limit. It's a scholarship with Team Hard (I know, the team name has amazed me for a few years now, it's beyond amazing) for the VW racing cup. Now, as I said I love the name Team hard, but even better than that, my favourite BTCC driver, Tom Onslow-Cole drives for them this season. So, onto the scholarship itself, it's £299 for the whole thing, but that's still more than £400 less than the other one. Plus, as my parents have spent so much money on me this year, I don't want them to pay for this, they've offered, but as I'm finally getting a job (hopefully), I should be able to pay for it myself, which would make it all even more important to me.

In the first round, you get 2 lots of 15 minutes worth of driving, and get assessed on your media interaction on and off camera, and also get a fitness assessment and training programme by Tony Gilham (ex-Cage fighter-turned-race-driver who founded Team Hard). This is then increased to 2 lots of 30 minutes of driving, being assessed on things like car control, smoothness of gear-changes, ability to take criticism and use it to improve your driving etc.. the media interaction is then tested in what sounds like a similar, but obviously more scrutinising way. The thing is, even if I don't get through to the second round then I'll still get constructive criticism and help with my driving.

AGH! Driving, I can't wait until my 17th, it's only 32 days away now! I've told my brother that we're going karting before my 17th though, which i am also incredibly excited about. You see, my parents haven't let me go karting incase I got too obsessed with motorsport.. well that worked :) So, I think they've finally given in. I think I'm waaaay too obsessed as it is, so I doubt I can over-step the line anymore, I mean I've never sat in a car, but I know how to heel-toe, I watch videos of people driving around tracks and pretend that I've got a wheel, flappy-paddle gears and pedals. If I can't drive very well, then I'll just be very busy working on it during the summer.

So yeah, that's what I'm concentrating on now, as well as school obviously. I'll maybe blog soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment