Saturday 5 January 2013

Careers of the future.

Yes, it's another post. I'm bored okay.

Now, with these exams coming up (ARGH!) I've been thinking about what it is that I would like to do when I'm older. I've been back and forth with this so many times, that i think it's time to stop and look at all the options. Now, of course I have ridiculous dream careers that I would absolutely love, doesn't any teenager? But, I don't really know what I'm doing at all. So, as I have a 'scientific brain' I'll do an analysis. My science teachers will have all just cringed at that. But yeah, I'll split it all up to make sense.

As I said I have some ridiculous, and completely non-related dreams. So prepare yourselves to be amazed at my deluded self. One of my dreams, that I have had for a few years now is that I would love to one day be a member of the England Ladies Football team. I love football and would love to be part of it. I have however evaluated my football skills, and have come to the conclusion that I can't play at all, so I think it would be better for everybody if I stick with just being a fan.

Another of my far-fetched dreams is that I would love to be an F1 driver. Yes, I know, but I did say that they were completely un-related. I love watching F1, and I would just love the idea of speeding around the track, whilst there being science involved as well. But, it's another one that I have to cast aside. You have to have a lot of money to make it in Motorsport.

Now, my third one, surprise surprise is theme park and roller coaster related. I would love to design roller coasters, either like John Wardley, or like the boys at B&M or Intamin or wherever. The main problem with this is that I would have to do an engineering degree, and I'm sorry, but the prospect of me in Engineering is just hilarious. Plus, I'd have to do well at physics, and I am currently failing physics. To be fair to myself, it's the particle physics that I don't get, but that unfortunately is still part of the physics course. Therefore, my grade is dependent on whether I understand it or not.

There are other things that I would love to do, but are not necessarily my dreams per say. I could go into Biology, which I love. If I did this, then I would go into the research side, or maybe become a secondary school teacher. Biochemistry also interests me, as long it's not medical biochemistry, because that just doesn't. It's the molecules that I'm interested in, I could never be in pharmaceuticals, because I would never be able to handle the tests. If something went wrong, then I'd see it as my fault.

So, my third post in a day is now complete. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment