Saturday 5 January 2013

First Post.. a little about me to start with.

Well, this is my first post. So, wish me luck.
I've been wanting to make a blog for a while, but never really had the confidence to do so. I highly doubt anybody will read this, but on the off chance that they do. Thank you.

So, I'm sure people would want to know what has given me this confidence. Well, it's thanks to an Alton Towers forum, which goes by the name, TowersStreet. I've been (and still am) part of all 3 major forums that are based on Alton Towers, TowersTimes, TowersStreet and my personal favourite, TowersNerd. Anyway, back to my confidence thing. I have been parts of forums for a while, and never really given my opinions on things. I've been the one who sat back, watched and then asked questions, as if I know nothing. Two days back, there was a discussion (not an argument, I like to make that very clear) on whether or not Alton Towers would open their new ride (SW7) without all of the themeing (It may sound boring, but to me it most certainly is not) . So, this time I decided to get stuck in, yes I was hit down a few times as the discussion started to get more heated, but I enjoyed it, and I felt like I may actually be a valued member. Then last night there was another discussion which I got stuck into straight away, on how big this new project was compared to previous projects. I feel like I have grown so much over these past two evenings. So, I thought why not make a blog? If no-one reads it, then It's something for me to read over when I'm older.

So, onto my three favourite forums. I joined TowersTimes (TT) when I was about 7, as my brother had joined, and I was inclined to follow him. I posted about 4 posts, and then ran away scared. The people on TT can be aggressive in the way they put things across sometimes, especially when somebody offers an opposing view to theirs. As a seven-year-old I ran away terrified. In June two years back, I started looking at the forums again, as my interest and curiosity took over from the memories of my frightened self. This led me back to TT, I re-joined under a different name and just watched the forum, rather than posting. But due to this, I found a little forum hidden away at the back of the internet, TowersNerd (TN). It wasn't bustling with brand new news every ten seconds, but it gave the little news that was needed. I looked over the topics and found that they spoke to each other respectfully, and seemed to think about their answers. I happily joined. And, to this day it is still the forum that I've posted on the most. Now, TowersStreet (TS), I'm not quite sure why it was formed (some disagreement or something) but that's not important. It formed in the summer of 2012, and a lot of people joined out of interest I think, well I know that I did anyway. And, I think that's all to say about TowersStreet, sorry. I have fully re-joined TowersTimes now, and I post often. It's not all as scary as I first thought. If I'd have stayed for a little while longer when I was seven, I may have realised this and I could probably be a silver member by now. But these things are sent to try us.

It's interesting to see the differences in the forums. TowersStreet and TowersTimes are where you need to be the most independent, if you have a view and people don't agree you need to be able to stick up for yourself, but I personally find getting stuck into the 'discussions' fun. If however, you don't get involved in the big debates, then you won't be on the receiving end of any slight aggression. If you do want to post an opposing view though, don't expect a completely courteous reply. We're very stubborn people. Now, TowersNerd is a safe and good place for anybody who wants to be a young starter like me. It can feel like a big family at times. The important information is given to everybody. As previously stated though, it is not the busiest of places. This could hopefully change in the future if more people join. So, if you're hungry to post, then TT and TS are where you need to head over to. But, I would say to join all three, then you can;t possibly go wrong.

I'm not sure what I'll post about, probably some Theme Park stuff, some personal stuff, some football, some just random things.
I can tell you pretty much how often I'll post though, it'll be very regular at the start, then spread out, and then stop for a couple of months until I find it again, and then there'll be a pace set.

No comments:

Post a Comment