Sunday 20 January 2013

SW7 update... and Matt Lonsdale

Ok, exams are over, my article is in, so now the waiting game begins.

So, onto SW7.
Oh my gosh it's getting exciting! Eeeeee! Okay, I'll try and calm down, so that I can type. Breathe.. Breathe. Okay, so a lot has happened since I last posted, it makes me realise how long ago it was. The Sanctuary has been confirmed as being open for part of the 2013 season, but for how long we are not quite sure. Oblivion, my baby girl is getting a luxurious repaint, which she definitely, without question deserves, the last time she was painted was when? Probably 15 years ago, as the track would have been there for the '97 season, oh she deserves it so much, and she'll look so pretty.

Marketing has also exploded after such a quiet time, posters such as the one on the left have been plastered all over London, Manchester, Leeds and I'm sure many other places too.
But to add to that, sheep have been corrected by someone, maybe Dr Kelman? Oh great, now I've got an image of Dr Kelman running across the countryside in a cat suit and balaclava with a spray can and stencil in his hands, and now I can't stop laughing. Okay, maybe not Dr Kelman then, I'm still giggling from that, but somebody from the Ministry of Joy, or the farmers have been paid by Alton Towers... Nah, that last one is impossible. But yes, the sheep, they caused a trend on twitter of #creepysheep with many people unsure of what the logo itself actually was. Until some mean people spoiled our fun :(
Other than the sheep, Alton have uploaded some images to their Twitter and Facebook accounts, some exciting, some worrying.




The only worrying one really is the 4th image, as it may represent the name. Most likely it won't, as 'The Smiler' is much more likely, and as much as I hated 'The Smiler' as a name, it's miles better than 'The Inoculator'. The others are all exciting, I have no idea what the first one is to do with which makes my intrigue increase. The second, I thought was a smoke version of our smiley friend, but somebody said it might be the word 'cure' in smoke, which is a possibility I suppose, but I guess I hope it's not, as it would make 'The Inoculator' the more likely candidate for the name. The third is the one that I found the most exciting, you can see that it says "You belong to" so, what will follow it is extremely exciting for me at least. The last one is interesting, as it shows our smiley friend having evolved slightly in the eye region, but was probably the least exciting of all of the posts from last night.
Tonight however, things got a bit more exciting and not exciting. Exciting things first, Alton have released a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0doiBMadquc) about their advertising campaign, which shows the image being projected onto Big Ben and other various locations. Not so exciting is this picture to the right, not only does it claim the ride to be named 'The Smiler' and releases that name in a very disappointing way, but it also puts an end to all of the viral marketing that I was loving. This may be fake, as there isn't a QR code, but I personally doubt that very much, I think it is genuine, I just hope Alton know what they're doing here.                                             There is also said to be a release of something on Wednesday by Towers2Go and Alton Towers simultaneously by the sounds of it. We don't know what, but Towers2Go have released this along with the fact that 'the Inoculator' won't be the name. So, we'll see on Wednesday.

I think that's all of the news so far.

Maybe, some Music stuff now? So, I love an artist called Matt Lonsdale, and I get his tweets sent to my phone, which is usually helpful for releases etc. But he's joined a band now, and isn't going solo anymore, which is all good as long as it's what he wants, plus he's following me on Twitter now. But, due to this, he's retweeting any tweets that mention his new band so my phone is just constantly vibrating, and every time it does I just shout "Matt!" because I know it'll be him, and I haven't been wrong yet. So, mini annoyed-but-happy-at-the-same-time rant is over :)

I'll be back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment